Tuesday, April 26, 2011
1. cute woodland video that makes me want to go hiking (i think i've posted a link to it here before...)
2. amazing voice! great music. you can get his full ep here. found him from g : )
do you have any videos to share? i've been wanting to see some creative ones lately. please leave any links in the comments!
when i came back to my place after visiting my parents for easter, i came to some sad news from my housemate. her beloved dog got hit by a car & didn't make it : ( so she is quite sad & i am going to go out to lunch with her & thrifting. i hope she feels better!
danica: the origami owl is wonderful! i love to do origami & i hope that i can learn to do it too : )
natalie: she is isn't she?? : )
chnikygirlmel: hello! it is pretty sweet. blogger friends & packages are the best.
dandelionkisses: hehe thanks : )
mackensie perry: hello! it is a very beautiful movie visually.
Monday, April 25, 2011
these next photos are just some of the pouches i sewed over the weekend. i used my fabric scraps, so i think they look kind of neat with all of the different patterns.
i want to share this neat project that aron put together! go here. it's a space he created for happiness for others.
hellomissa: oh goood!! aww : ) yes, do take a photo of the bunting in your room. i want to see it! & you are very welcome indeed :o)
amy: hehe thanks amy! oh my - vegetarian shepherd's pie?! i want to know the recipe!!
april: hello! oh i wish i could sew well enough to sew things that i see in stores!
natalie: quinoa is very interesting! you should try it for sure : ) i hated to sew forever! then i tried it a few years ago & found that i like it now. maybe you should try again!
make it easy: ^_^ same to you!!
eeshie: hello! the tote bag or the bunting? i'll be happy to share with you! : )
em [the writer]: you should try sewing! just a few years ago i hated it though (because it was hard for me!) but then i tried it again & i really liked it. so you should try!
inside the cabinet of wonder: yup yup bunting! : )
just a lazy morning: hello! thank you : )
Sunday, April 24, 2011
My New Roots - How to Cook Quinoa from My New Roots on Vimeo.
i saw this on sara mcneil's blog & since my healthy parents had some in the pantry, i decided to make some quinoa this morning! it's quite interesting & tasty too.i've been sewing all weekend! i've missed sewing. & since my sewing machine is still at my parent's home, i rarely get to sew when i want to. but this weekend i was determined to make something for missa's birthday : ) i made her some bunting & i think she liked it! i've also been working on some tote bags & little pouches! (i've misplaced my camera :/ so these are all from my cellphone!) happy easter everyone!
natalie: yay for sure! i love flowers : )
inside the cabinet of wonder: YOU ARE AWESOME NICOLA....sorry...just needed to say that back to you : )
allison: haha! yeah i was a bit caught off guard with that part too. but i saw it as her way of release. a tad strange, but that's just her thing i suppose.
amy: yum! you need to post some photos of your bento creations!!
holly: yay for my african violet! oh it IS him! i just looked it up too : ) i only knew him from the tudors : ) but i see he was also in a bunch of movies i've seen, including the count of monte cristo! so, i capture the castle isn't so much cute but more....scandalous & a tad tragic...i would say. haha i can't decide if i like it or not! but i like the clothes & the castle etc... let me know what you think.
Friday, April 22, 2011
so, i finished i capture the castle. interesting movie. it is a bit scandalous at times : ) & i really loved the clothes, colors, & scenery. this may be too many photos of it, but i liked how they looked so i decided to share them anyway.now i am going to work on some homework until my parents are ready to go out for dinner. if you see the movie, let me know what you thought of it! i can't really decide how i liked it...haha. if you have netflix it's on watch instantly : )
about last post's bento box, i want to make one like this:
happy earth day & weekend!!
dandelionkisses: : )
sarah~mechelle: excited to see your answers!
hellomissa: yay! i'm excited to see you! oh my goodness do you have a bento box?? because i do : )
inside the cabinet of wonder: awww : ) thank you! oh i should keep using how to be an explorer of the world! it's been in my file folder of projects for a while now. i should dust it off : )
yellow blue & natalie: yes, you MUST get how to be an explorer of the world! i highly recommend it!
amy: yay for bentos!
april: hello! how lovely to have you looking at my blog : ) yes, i LOVE when stores have ridiculously big discounts. it makes my day!
ella: hello! yes, they are!! love bento boxes.
linda: : ) omg yes, leggings. haha!
mamzelle titoo: hello! why thank you : ) hope you visit again soon!
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
amy: thanks amy!! i'll try & see if it will work better that way. & yeah...i don't go to the theater too much, so i'll definitely be waiting to see your highness on dvd. i have a feeling i won't have my hopes up. p.s. yum for hummus!
holly: oh good! i'm glad you checked him out. i randomly found him on youtube & instantly fell in love with his voice! : )
inside the cabinet of wonder: excited to see them singing!! haha i hope you like it...i wasn't too sure if you would or not. but we shall see! : )
missa: awesome! ok cool. we can work out the details through fb if you want. just send me a message of what you want & everything. i'm so excited about your etsy!! if you need any help, just text me or fb me!
natalie: haha! oh natalie you crack me up! but i totally agree! : )
pauline: yes it did! it came almost a month ago, but i've been so busy that i just now am blogging about it. THANK YOU SO MUCH! you are so sweet & it really made me smile : )
Sunday, April 17, 2011
linda challenged me to answer this ten question quiz. so here it goes!
1. what did you do 10 years ago? ten years ago i was 13. i was just about to "graduate" from eight grade in a month, so i was planning that. i was also getting ready to enter high school & start taking classes at the community college. big changes were happening! part of me wishes i was still that old : )
2. what did you do one year ago? one year ago i was getting ready to graduate with my ba in sociology. so i was probably stressed about getting my senior project done! i already received my letter that i was accepted to graduate school, so i was pretty excited about that. what else...what else.. oh! again planning for graduate school. & it seems i was just ending a camping weekend.
3. five snacks that you like? well, i don't snack, but if i was to pick five snack type foods... ice cream, hummus & pita chips, guacamole & chips, chocolate covered raisins, & swedish fish : )
4. five songs which you know the whole lyrics to? i know the whole lyrics to many different songs, but these have nice little stories to them: "count on me" by bruno mars - i learned & sang this at cameron's memorial because it is the kind of relationship we had. "hey, soul sister" by train - my mom loves this song & we often sing it in the car when we are going somewhere & are listening to it. "hey jude" by the beatles - this is one of the songs my mom would sing to comfort me when i was little. "the remedy" by jason mraz - this song is one that my friends in high school & i tried to sing all the words to as fast as he does, fun song. "swing swing" by the all-american rejects - a song that i would sing with my friend all the time about nine years ago.
5. five things you would do if you were a millionaire? travel(!!!), buy my parents a house, donate money, buy my sister anything she wants, start a meaningful organization
6. five bad habits? procrastination, watching too many tv shows/movies, eating too fast, not knowing if someone is serious or just being sarcastic, not vacuuming
7. five things you like to do? watch movies, read blogs, craft, go to fairs & festivals (especially craft fairs, zine fairs, & food festivals), be with my family & friends, get mail/packages
8. five things you would never dress in or buy? ugg type boots, mini skirts, stilettos, bling, leggings as regular pants (without a shirt/tunic long enough)
9. five favorite toys? my laptop, my ipod, my books, my sewing machine, my busy bear
inside the cabinet of wonder: isn't it a neat idea for a letter?? since it was a world puzzle, she even marked where she was : )
natalie: for sure! i totally agree : )
amy: yeah...maybe i could find it online... i'm glad you were feeling better! i hope that by now you are much much better!
dandelionkisses: i knew you would like the owls : )
mckenzie mullen: yes they are!! i love love love them.
holly: hello! about never let me go, it was basically a well done film, but it just made me sad & i didn't feel good after watching it :/ but i think you should definitely see it anyways! lol. because you may like it! no i didn't read the book & that may make someone like it! spring is very pretty, but i miss my fall & winter!!
Thursday, April 14, 2011
amy: oh wow a sequel!? awesome! but sad too since no english subs :/ feel better amy!! i'm feeling a little better today - i think i'll even make a trip to the market to pick up some greatly needed food & produce!
brit: isn't it?! that is actually just the front of the property that is quite large in the back. she rents a quaint studio from it : )
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
natalie: i need to get into a spring mood! but i really miss winter... :/
pauline: well, now this awesome find is headed your way! : )
amy: me too! i thought the creamer/pitcher was way cool. so you are reading never let me go?? wow! that is pretty neat. i am so bad at actually reading books before i see the movies...
inside the cabinet of wonder: aww! yeah it sold the night i listed it! i want to go find some more things to put on etsy soon!
sarah~mechelle: oh you are so right! i totally forgot about maria having a carpet bag in the beginning of the movie!! oh by the way, how did you like never let me go?
dandelionkisses: yup he was stationed there!
shelbyisms: hehe for sure shelby! i'll be lookin'. oh yeah i know! i didn't really like it that much... :/ it just made me too sad. & not in the beautiful kind of way...