Friday, December 31, 2010

busy making future headlines

goodbye 2010. i will miss you. you were a good, good year to me.
hello 2011. i expect great things from you!

happy new year everyone! i am currently quietly sitting at home on the couch with a crochet afghan over my lap. i've been sick all day. but dexter & mad men have been keeping me company until midnight. i have also given my blog a mini makeover for 2011. it's not much, but i think i like the changes.

for the past month or so, i have been cultivating a sort of list of things to remember & live by. i thought welcoming the new year would be a good time to share it with you. some of the things included may be familiar to you, but i have made them my own. i suppose it is some kind of manifesto of sorts.

live simply
create & cherish every day
use what you already have
when you eat, take time to enjoy every bite
appreciate others
be prepared for amazing things to happen
be kind & show kindness
go on adventures
stop & smile
sometimes be spontaneous
observe & notice the details in your surroundings
do not worry about tomorrow
love & be loved

i hope you enjoyed it. i believe it will be a work in progress & i will continue to add to it. if this inspires you to make your own list, i would truly want to see it! let me know if you create one yourself.

photo source
title from castledoor

4 comments:

  1. I love your little list of things to remember and to live by, way better than a list of resolutions. Cause it really is the little things like that which really count, not just the resolutions to "eat healthy and lose weight" that never end up happening anyways. But yeah, best wishes for 2011 and happy new year, Lina. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY NEW YEAR! :) I love your list! Live simply, be kind and show kindness. Those are some I will live by this year.
    My best wishes for you in 2011 Lina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lina. I really like "use what you already have." Lately I have been living by it. And a little goes a long way. I want to make a list too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your list, it's such a good one we should all follow. I shall try to apply them.
    Are you watching Mad Men then?

    ReplyDelete