Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Day 1


Well, the first day of school went quite well. My first class was Advanced Spanish Grammar. I have not had a Spanish class since, I believe, my last semester of high school, so I was a little worried about how that would go. It turned out OK because I understood just about everything said in class.

During my 31/2 hour break i worked on my Spanish homework (yes homework on the first day) in the 5 story library. University libraries are a little creepy and big. The shelves are quite numerous, row after row, and are home to billions of musty smelling books. It's also eerily quite.

Also during my break I had a nice little dinner of trail mix and an energy bar. (pictured)

My last class for the day was Human Behavior. This class looks like it will be a lot of work, but well worth it. It is really interesting and there are a lot of fun people in the class. The professor is quite funny and had the whole class laughing hysterically. The class got out early as many classes do the first week of school and I was home by 9:15PM.

If some of you don't know, I am staying at the home of a very nice German lady by the name of Lydia. She and her dog Bo Bo and cat Little Boy live quite contently about 3 miles from campus. She talks with an accent and likes to watch The Young and the Restless.

1 comment:

  1. darling lina.
    i love reading this. its like listening to your thoughts from the inside of your head all spelled out and indubitably charming.

    ReplyDelete