Tuesday, June 26, 2012

little summer things

so far, summer is in full swing. i've been to the beach twice already & that's saying something as i don't think i went at all last summer. 

i had my last arts & crafts class a week or so ago, just in time for summer. wendy came as a guest crafter & taught how to make dreamcatchers. i'm still working on mine...just need to add the feathers!
 lately i've become obsessed with terrariums! i just placed five terrarium books on hold for me at the library & have been collecting glass containers that i can use to make some. i've also been inspired by these sights for terrarium making. i took a photo of these terrariums in the window of a book & film store in the city. i can't wait to make my own! perfect summer project.
 since my grandma passed away a year & a half ago, i've been going to the city & helping my mom & uncle gary pack up the house as it will be sold very soon. we stopped at this cute little coffee shop for lunch. i had an amazing falafel wrap & decaf coffee (i don't like caffeinated anything!).

 i participated in a summer book exchange & got an amazing package in the mail from dillon. he sent me a decorated bookshelf package (doesn't it look amazing?) along with the book room and "some tea to enjoy while you read!" cute right?? thanks dillon!




thanks for all of your nice comments on my last post. it feels good to make this blog my own by posting about my life, good or bad. miguel is coming to visit me today after my dentist appointment hehe : )

10 comments:

  1. Ah! The tea was such a cute idea!

    And I too have been obsessed with terrariums. I love the idea of having a little tiny ecosystem inside of a container. They just seem so cute and charming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. terrariums do seem so cute & charming! great way to describe them. are you going to make a terrarium?? you should! & blog about it ;)
      & the tea was quite clever!

      Delete
  2. The purple shades in the first beach picture look awesome. I've been spoiled with a nice view of the Atlantic at the condo for the family I babysit. It feels weird to bring my camera and take pictures from the window, though, haha.

    Dillion's package really does look amazing! Too cute indeed!

    Hope you are well. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooo how nice lizzie! it's so funny that the water is at opposite sides of the country : )

      Delete
  3. Dillon's package is amazing, holy crap. haha.
    I'm glad your summer is going well, and I really need to go to San Francisco again soon, I miss it!
    terrariums are so awesome and adorable.
    I hope you had a good time with Miguel! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it though?? if you are ever going to sf again, let me know mayte!! we can meet up :D

      Delete
  4. Wonderful post! That package looks like a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dillon always sends the coolest packages!

    I want a terrarium too! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just want to be cool like Dillon. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete