1. it's been a crazy, mixed-emotion couple of weeks. the day i left thailand, my mom messaged me that my cousin had passed away. it was shocking news as he was only 36 years old. so after i went home, my sister came home a week later for the funeral. it was bittersweet since i'm glad she's back, but sad about the reason why. i'm glad she came back just in time for mother's day though - a nice mother's day gift : )
2. speaking of mother's day, miguel made this planter for his mom. i was impressed! he even presented it with flowers planted & everything. he also made my mom a planter mold for her birthday at the beginning of the month. he's so crafty! (photo credit to miguel)
3. i just drove back last night from visiting miguel since wednesday morning. it was so relaxing being with him & a much needed break after everything that has been going on. he calms me. & at the same time causes me to feel all kinds of emotion. i guess love is weird that way.
in other news, my sister & i've been waking up at 6am the past week to go lap swimming at our local pool just two blocks away. it's free between 5:30 & 7am so that's great! also, i used to be on the swim team as a freshman/sophomore in high school, so it feels good to be back in the water swimming laps. my back & arms are quite sore now though!
p.s. i was happy to discover my swim team suit still fit! haha
- miguel & i love going to ikea & dreaming. recently i bought one of these towels after i saw this post on smart kitchenware at ikea. i think it will be my new picnic towel/food blanket.
- i thought this photography set of sleeping soon-to-be-parents was sweet.
- this no-bake pie looks so good & seems so simple & easy to make! it's on my to make list.
- i would love to own such a whimsical kite.
- this (for some) eye-opening presentation was very well done.
- i love sending mail to others & this stationary diy tutorial was great.