Wednesday, April 21, 2010

camping photos

camping was real fun! it was so pretty were we camped. i hope you enjoy a few of the photos i took. we went hiking on saturday. i don't exercise very much so it was kind of a big deal. i hiked 7 steep miles. many times along the way i felt like i wasn't going to make it, but i kept at it. my legs were burning, i was out of breath, & really tired. but i made it to the top! it was such an exhilarating feeling. i felt like i could do anything after that hike.the view from the top of the mountain.we baked bread on a stick in the campfire : ) it was so cool & yummy!

now i'm of to la to visit my sister until monday! i'm leaving tomorrow & i can't wait! i'm planning to go to la unique.

replies:

everyone: thanks for all of your well wishes! i had great camping trip : )

11 comments:

  1. Bread on a stick, how have I never thought of/discovered this!? What a good idea! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the first picture, it looks like something you would see in a travel mag for Iceland or something. :P
    Wow girl, idk if I could have made that hike.
    That bread looks amazing, I want to try it! Man, I want to go see Raquel! I never get to go.....*sniff*
    Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love camping! Just the feeling of freedom, calm, and nature. I am currently entertaining the idea of going camping once school lets out! Also, you helped inspire my To Do List post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I have never had bread on a stick! I might just have to try that for fun... Was it just a basic bread mix?
    Lovely pics, I was wondering how your camping trip was! Have a nice time in LA!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Looks like you had lots of fun! The photos are great :)
    Mmm. And the bread looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, bread on a stick! I have had many times 'tikkupulla' and at least it's delicious!(pulla is kind of sweet bread that we eat in Finland for dessert etc. and tikkupulla, it's pulla on stick) Sounds like you had a nice camping trip - have a great time visiting your sister too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't know you could bake bread on a stick like that. I shared the pic in several Yahoo Groups. Peole want to know how to do it. Please post the recipe for the dough and a brief description on how you do this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmm bannock! it's pretty popular where i live, because we have a large population of aboriginal people.

    looks like you had fun! i don't really exercize either, so when i climbed mont royal in montreal, i had the same feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. bread on a stick! brilliant! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't hiking the best?!
    It really does make you feel good when you get to the top.

    ReplyDelete
  11. we're going to try that bread this weekend (baked on the stick)

    its authentic and raw - great idea!

    ReplyDelete