Thursday, April 7, 2011

blooming

everything has been blooming so pretty at my place. it's all so lovely & smells incredible : ) i watched never let me go last night. it was kind of a downer, at least it made me feel that way, but it was quite interesting & the colors, scenery, & clothing were lovely (but had a sadness to them too). what i really liked was the three main actors. they are some of my favorites, especially carey mulligan. have you seen it? what do you think? i'm off for a mini trip with petunia & some friends this weekend. i'm excited : ) i have no idea what happend to my replies....ooops... replies: allison: ooo! i haven't heard of that book, but i looked it up & it looks interesting! natalie: thanks! everything turned out just right. my favorite colors are green & pink hehe. amy: thank you : ) the photos are actually representing the mexican holiday day of the dead. it's part of my heritage & all very interesting! but they do look quite zombie-esque! dandelionkisses: haha really? yeah it would make sense that that was where he would be stationed. that is where papi was too : ) make it easy: you are right on the money with the sugar skulls! & thanks, i'm happy you enjoyed my music! that kate: it was a lovely trip : ) & you definitely must try the lychee one! it's really good & tastes quite like it! brit: brit!! i've missed you & your posts! i hope you are well too : )

5 comments:

  1. Ah! That makes sense. I love Dia De Los Muertos. There's actualy a festival for it up north here in Arizona every year.

    I'm reading Never Let Me Go at the moment, it hasn't gotten sad yet, but I can sense it coming.

    Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that's where papi was stationed?? Cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been waiting for that movie to arrive here! My Boo has promised to take me to see it tomorrow.

    I love those purple flowers!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did't like Never Let Me Go! Of course the colors and actors were amazing, though.

    Also, your new vintage is adorable. KEEP ON THE LOOKOUT FOR MORE MAPS. Girl, you know I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw, man i've been dying to see never let me go for some time now! i'm kind of sad to hear you thought it was a downer ): did you read the book as well?
    btw i love your shot of those purple blossoms! isn't springtime lovely? (:

    ReplyDelete