Thursday, August 27, 2009

trip to the city

this was part of my lunch yesterday. it was such a cute apple that i had to take a photo of it : )
my sister, mom, & i traveled to the city today for a fun-filled day of shopping & art gallery browsing. this is my sister:i saw a really neat purple building with beautiful ivy climbing over it!i bought some things at the curiosity shoppe & little otsu, as well as a huge fabric discount store. this is what i bought!

it was such a great day! & today my sister & i are exploring another city with abbie & her sister & friend. fun fun!

*dandelionkisses: hahaha! oh wendy, you always make me laugh!

*inside the cabinet of wonder: i can't wait for it to make it's way to my doorstep!! & thank you for the award again! hehe. so nice of you :]

*alexa: why thank you dear!

*mandy: isn't it neat? you should blog about some of yours!

*mieke willems: oh you ladies are so very welcome! i just love your blog : ) you girls always find the neatest things.

*kait: that's a fantastic way of looking at it! & no i don't still sing...haha. i think that's where my talent stopped too :]

*brinja: thank you : )

*penelope: oh, i was afraid i wouldn't get a good shot because they were over the highway overhead & i was trying to take it close enough but before we passed them!

*sara: hehe. yes, he has the best eyes! they remind me of the kitty in boots' eyes on shrek.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Of all the things you have on there, the pencils are my favorite x]

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh your trip looks so much fun!

    i heart the picture of your sister in the gallery! oh i wanna open a gallery now!! the art looks wonderful on the walls.

    your treasures look fab. i love the cage/and bird stamps!!! how ultra cool!
    i cannot wait for you to get my letter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm...I've been loving apples recently just can't get enough.

    ps. there's something for you on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that the apple has a little leaf still on it. It looks like fruit from a fairy tale versus all those waxy shiny ones in the supermarket. I adore your sisters hair, the color and cut is really nice. I have a strange obsession with ivy on buildings. I have begged my dad to let me attempt to get some to grow up our house. He refuses. Oh well, I will have my own ivy covered house some day.

    You are a sociology major! It is a great subject/field. I took Sociology 200 last spring and I loved it so much that I decided to take another sociology course for my other social science requirement. What textbook are you using for your sociology of family course?

    Franny & Zooey is different in that it is based on a family as a whole. It still has dysfunctional, detached, characters. Zooey is very "god dammit" like Holden. I loved Catcher in the Rye though thats why I checked out JD Salinger's other work. His writing style definitely isn't one that flows so smoothly you finish the book quickly. Give the Catcher another try. My second attempt is when it became a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh! You lucky bum! I am craving so badly to go into the city! Ooohhhh....Ha I see you turned up with the blue sandals after all?

    ReplyDelete